This is advanced training, designed for both new and experienced professionals. The Real Estate and REIT Modeling course is perfect for you if:
- You already know the fundamentals of accounting, valuation, and financial modeling, and now you’re ready to drill down into the details and gain the the know-how that sets you apart as an industry expert –with an in-depth understanding of how the real estate industry works.
- You’re interviewing with Real Estate groups – at banks, PE firms, hedge funds, real estate operating companies, real estate developers, REITs, or other real estate-related firms, and you want to impress your prospective employer by being the exact candidate they are looking for.
- You’re about to start working in a Real Estate group, or you’ve just transferred into one and you need to get up to speed quickly. You’d rather learn on your own time, so that you can impress on the job and move up the ladder quickly.
- You’re an experienced real estate professional and you’re now transitioning into investment banking, private equity, or other related roles.
When you interview for these roles at investment banks, there are certain questions you’ll always be asked…
- How much do you know about accounting? Do you know how it’s different for real estate? You’ll able to tell them just how much you know and answer an emphatic and sincere: “YES.”
- Can you walk me through how you would value a property, a portfolio of properties, or an entire REIT? You’ll know exactly how to demonstrate what they want to see – because you will have already practiced all of those in the course.
- What are the key factors that impact a REIT’s valuation and financial performance? You’ll be able to describe them with ease and understanding.
- “How would you describe your financial modeling skills?” Your hands-on experience will shine through – you’ll be able to confidently recount the skills you’ve learned in the course, because those are the exact skills they’re looking for.Your confident answers to these questions along with the evidence you’ll present of the case study you completed will set you apart from everyone else in the interview room and put you in prime position to land lucrative internships and jobs at investment banks, private equity firms, and hedge funds.
We’ve designed the course from the ground up to help you gain functional mastery of this highly-specialized material as quickly as humanly possible.
With BIWS Real Estate and REIT Modeling you’ll learn by practicing with a case study of a REIT operating model and valuation for Avalon Bay Communities, and case studies on property development and renovation. We use real SEC filings and equity research from banks like Citi and JP Morgan to support the numbers:
- Detailed 3-statement model for Avalon Bay with support for all their different real estate segments; full valuation, including the usual methodologies as well as real estate-specific ones such as the Net Asset Value (NAV) model.
- Real Estate Development Lessons cover property development and acquisitions, key real estate terminology and metrics, and how to set up the construction timeline and funding sources, and analyze acquisitions and renovations.