Mike Chang's - Insane Home Fat Loss
Mike Chang is this fitness guru who has been seen on YouTube like a gajillion times etc… He also had another product called Six Pack Shortcuts which I have never tried. He is a pretty ripped dude, but don't be fooled he did not get that way from the Insane Home Fat Loss system. That is not to say it won't get you in great shape, but he was in pretty great shape before the product came out. Just being honest here.
So… with that said here is the deal. I am going to come back and update this page as I do the workout. Today is July 2, 2012 and I just did the Day 2 The Fatal Assassin – Chest/Back/Core. You might ask why I started on Day 2. That is because they have a fit test for day 1 and I did not want to do it. I know i am in decent shape and don't really care about numbers etc.. I know after doing any workout for more then a few weeks I will be in better shape, so I just wanted to get down to business.
Again stay tuned for a review of each workout circuit as I go. I will list them below and add more info as I do them
Day 1: The Wake-Up Call (Fit Test)
Did not do, but it looks interesting. If you are new to working out/way out of shape I would say give it a shot.
Day 2: The Fatal Assassin: Chest/Back/Core
OK so here was my first taste of Mike Chang's Insane Home Fat Loss system
First it is just under 17 minutes long which I think is prob a bit to short, but was I dripping sweat at the end of it? YES. Was I struggling on the push ups at the end? YES.
So really in just under 17 minutes I was dripping sweat and pretty tired out. All in all a good workout if you ask me. I mean I am tired, but I feel like it should be a bit longer, but hey if it works its works. This is really awesome to grab a quick kick butt workout.
Now remember I am coming from the Insanity workout end of it where it was about a 45 minute workout and the warm up alone was 9 minutes. I am not as tired or as sweaty as after that, but I do feel like I got a good workout in.
I would say for someone who is just starting out this is going to be a great system. Not only that, but for me right now time is short and the summer is crazy so this is really what the DR ordered since it is short and gave me a decent workout.
Basically here is how the first workout breaks down. You get started and bust out about 2 minutes of warm up with jogging in place, jumping jacks, high knees. You then jump into the circuit which is 3 circuits of the same exercise. You do all for just about 30 seconds then take a 15second break.
Day 3: Maximum After-Burn: Legs/Core
Well sorry it was 3 days later to get to the next workout but I did it today. OK so today was Maximum After Burn and I was definitely burning!! I have to say that doing this workout re-enforces that idea of muscle confusion. I mean I was doing the Insanity Workout on and off over the last two years. That is an intense workout so I was thinking this “Insane Home Fat Loss” won't be that hard. I was wrong. After the first workout I was super sore and still am. Today's workout had me taking breaks and now my ham strings are so tired and tight I hope I can walk tomorrow. I am not complaining… I love it… it means I worked hard!
Here is the break down of today's exercises.
Bust out another 1minute 30 second warm up then right into it for 3 circuits of
- Double Pump Jumping Squat
- Jumping Lunges
- One Legged Toe Touches
- Jumping Knee Tucks
- Ski Hops
- Elbow to Knee Planks
- Jumping Squats
- Side Burpees with Push Ups
So overall you are looking at 2o minutes for this workout. The moves are pretty easy, but they should show you the moves right in the beginning. A lot of the people are doing slightly different things lol, but you get the point. I was dripping sweat, my legs are tired and sore. I'd say it was a good workout!
Day 4: The Super Hero: Shoulders/Triceps/Core
OK I am back at it. I wanted to really try and get to the workouts within a week, but I haven't been able to. Anyways today was The Super Hero workout and it was pretty super. The one thing I can say for these quicker workouts is that since I know they are quick I tend to really focus on my form and go all out on the exercises where as with longer workouts I will sometimes slack a bit since I know I have to save my energy for me lol.
Today's workout started with the normal warm up then into this circuit:
- Close Grip Dynamic Push Ups – Keep those hands close!
- Pike Push Ups –
- Spidermans – These really work the stability.
- Squat with Towel Raised
- High Knees
- Front to Side Laterals – I make sure to really squeeze my shoulders/lats
- Skyscrapers – I don't know why I love doing these
- Mountain Climbers
Day 5: The Fat Destroyer: Abs/Core/Cardio
Well I started my Monday off with The Fat Destroyer or as they spell it on the video Distroyer lol. Not sure if they meant to do that. Anyways… This was a bit longer, about 25 minutes. I was dripping after this one and really liked the combination of workouts.
Again I liked the quickness of the workout and the sweat it brings. This had a few more ab exercises which I liked. I am sure I will be a bit sore tomorrow.
Here is the circuit of exercises.
- Jumping Knee Tucks
- Towel Sit Ups
- Burpees “Did I mention I hate burpees”
- Yoga Plank Glute Raise ” I really liked these… squeeze yer butt!”
- Mountain Climbers
- Sixpack Wipes
- Side to Side Jumps
- High Knees
- Air Jacks “These are cool and I was surprised at how well I did them.”
- Toe Touching Crunches
Day 6: Upper Body Blaster: Chest/Back/Delts
Well I always love getting some upper body in. There were a lot of push up type moves which always suck when doing for the first time. I did like the variations and there were moves that I have never actually done before. My abs are sore from Day5 so that didn't help, but overall another great workout.
Here is what Day 6 Holds
- Alternating Pushup
- Standing Towel Pullup “You really gotta flex as you do it”
- In & Out Push Ups “these were very interesting”
- Bent over Towel Front Raises “Squeeze!”
- Half Burpee Push Ups “another I have never done, very cool”
- Floor Swimmers “be careful if you have neck issues”
- Towel Snatches “these actually work…squeeze”
- Prayers “pray to your God you get through it
Overall a great little workout that really had me sweating.
Day 7: The Knock Out: Legs
I love and hate working out legs. We all know the burn that you can get when really working your legs, but that is truly how we get stronger and burn more fat by using the bigger muscle groups. Today's workout had some really cool exercises and I wanted to quit into the 3rd circuit but I pushed through.
Here is how Day 7 went
- In Place Sprints
- Back Lunges “lunges are always killer but make sure of form”
- Hopping Squats with Towel Raised “there was no towel involved lol”
- Ground Shuffles “didn't really like these”
- Donkey Kicks With Squat “better then a donkey punch! ;-)”
- Alt Mountain Climbers “had to make sure I didn't swing my knees to far”
- Military Squat with Knees “I like these a lot, just don't pull on neck”
Day 8: The Kamikaze:
Kamikaze time lol. Well I am still sore from the workouts this week which is a good thing. My hamstrings were very sore this morning from yesterdays “The KNock OUt ” workout. I was curious what Mike had in store for us today with the Delts/Triceps/Core workout.
Here is how it went
- Close Grip Pushups
- Dive Bombers “I remember these from P90X”
- Floor Dips “I did not realize how sore my triceps already were”
- Standing Pike Pushups “was a but confused if I was supposed to ststraighten up or not”
- Hydraulics “these were interesting. Hurt my forearms :-(“
- Towel Upright Rows “Squeeze!!!”
- KickBacks “Holy cow my triceps were sore!”
- Prayers Up Above “Pray for that Six Pack!”
Day 9: Cores Galore
OK I finished the last workout of Insane Home Fat Loss and I feel good! Great core workout here!
I will go into more detail in my final conclusion of the whole workout, but here is what went down in day 9.
- Towel Chops “believe it or not they felt good!”
- X Rolls “They were actually hard to do, but I can see how they will help!”
- Floor Runners “never did with the arms moving. Great burn”
- Half Burpees “Go wide legged to get a real midsection burn”
- High Knees?? think there was a naming error lol. Didn't like this move
- Rainbows – interesting
- The Karate Kid “Give em the crane danny!”
Get Mike Chang's - Insane Home Fat Loss download right now!