Trent Brown - Proven Fall Prevention Strategies
Identify Demographics of Falls
- Cost of falls
- Cause of falls (medication, aging, diagnosis, weakness, gait, etc.)
Clinical Role of Reducing Falls
- Education (medication management, sleep, AE use, etc.)
- Fall reduction in the home
- Otago Exercise Program
- Fall risk assessment and evaluation (functional reach, chair-stand, etc.)
- Additional fall reduction exercises and activities (static/isometric, dynamic, etc.)
- Exercise dose -documentation
Would you like to receive Trent Brown - Proven Fall Prevention Strategies ?
30% of people over age 65 fall each year. This number increases to nearly 50% in in-patient settings and skilled nursing facilities. Fall-related injuries causing death, hospitalization, and/or treatment was projected to be $111 billion in 2010. In addition, nearly 25% of all adults (45-64) experience one fall in the community annually.
Can therapists provide treatment and education to clients to reduce the risk of falls in the home, community, and clinical settings? What research supports the role of therapy in fall reduction and what is their role? This recording will answer these questions and discuss the most basic preventive strategies including: exercise strategies, medication management, and home modification.